One-Pot Thai Veggie Noodles
One pot wonder.
Author: Esperance Tide
Published: October 24, 2019
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp sliced ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 5 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp honey
- Salt and pepper
- 250g extra-firm tofu, cubed
- 375g rice noodle stick
- 2 large carrots, peeled and julienned
- 4 mushrooms
- 1 red capsicum, sliced
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 lime, quartered
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- Heat oil in a heavy pot over medium-high heat. Add the ginger and sauté for about 30 seconds. Add the garlic and red curry paste and stir for another minute until fragrant.
- Stir in the mushrooms, capsicum and carrots. Sauté for about 8 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- Add the vegetable stock, cover the pot and bring everything to a boil.
- Once boiled, add the coconut milk, honey and salt and pepper to taste. Bring the broth back to the boil again.
- Add the tofu and noodles, and cook everything uncovered for 5 minutes until the rice noodles have softened.
- Serve with lime wedges, coriander, chilli and the rest of the spring onion.
Tide tip: For extra heat, add half of the chilli in with the vegetables. Feel free to add more or different vegetables. We used a vegetable spiralizer for the carrots.