Tide Kitchen: Mi Goreng Toastie
We are on here, boiz!
Author: Esperance Tide
Published: July 17, 2018
We are on here, boiz! It’s an unexpected combination that works surprisingly well.
1 packet Mi Goreng
2 cheddar cheese slices
4 slices sandwich bread
Olive oil or butter
- Cook the Mi Goreng according to the packet’s instructions and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix a tablespoon of mayo with the sriracha sauce. Add as much or as little of sriracha to your preferred amount of spiciness. Spread the mixture across two slices of bread.
- Add half the Mi Goreng and a slice of cheese to each and finish it off with another slice of bread to form a sandwich.
- Cook both sandwiches in a toastie press with a bit of olive oil or butter.
- While the toasties are cooking, fry both eggs in a frypan.
- Once the toasties are done, slightly lift the top slice of bread and add the egg.
- Cut the toastie into two triangles and serve.
Suggestion: swap the toastie press for a homemade campfire grill like ours (left).